Lockheed P-38 Lightning
One P-38 Lightning landed in Yugoslav controlled territory because engine trouble in early 1945, pilot abandoned the aircraft. Air Force Technical service of one Yugoslav fighter regiment repaired P-38 Lightning and several flights were carried out.
P-38 was later used for different missions but after certain period because problems with maintenance had to be written off.
- Lockheed P-38 Lightning (Osprey Production Line to Frontline 3) by Michael O'Leary
- P-38 Lightning at War by Joe Christy, Jeff Ethell
- P-38 Lightning Aces of the ETO/MTO (Osprey Aircraft of the Aces No 19) by John Stanaway
- The Lockheed P-38 Lightning by Warren M. Bodie
- Fork-Tailed Devil : The P-38 by Martin Caidin
This page is also available in the following languages:
• Hrvatski •
Send in additions, new information's or corrections you have! If you have updates, new info, you have found factual error, error in translation, grammar error or only simple typing error. Please let us know! Fill in the form and send it back. Your help is greatly appreciated.