5th Army Corps
V Corpo d'Armata
Headquarters was located in the hotel 'Terapija' in Crikvenica (Cirquenizza).
After Italian capitulation Yugoslav Partisans managed to capture and disarm many units of the 5th Corps taking huge amount of armament:
- 80 various artillery pieces
- 40 mortars with 5000 shells
- 400 machine-guns
- 400 light machine-guns
- 130 sub machine-guns
- 15000 rifles
- 300 hand guns
- 4 million rounds of ammo
- 40000 hand grenades
- 5000 kg of explosives
- 150 trucks
- 20 passenger cars
- 30 motorcycles
- 17 tanks
- 10 armored cars
- 1 aircraft
- 40 radios
- 500 tons of petrol
- 700 horses and mules
- 120 railroad cars of food
- uniforms and shoes for 20000 soldiers
Around 400 Italian soldiers joined Partisans as Garibaldi battalion.
Order of battle
- 12th Infantry Division 'Sassari'
- 13th Infantry Division 'Re'
- 15th Infantry Division 'Bergamo'
- 57th Infantry Division 'Lombardia'
- 153rd Infantry Division 'Macerata'
- 154th Infantry Division 'Murge'
- 14th Coastal Brigade (14a Brig. Costiera)
- 1938 to 1939 - Italo Gariboldi
- 1939 - Carlo Vecchiarelli
- 1940 to 1942 - Riccardo Balocco
- 1942 to 1943 - Renato Coturri
- 1943 to 4 May 1943 - Alessandro Gloria (1883 – ?)
- 4 May 1943 - Antonio Scuero (1885 – 1960)
- Vladimir Dušan Matetić: 14. primorsko-goranska brigada
- Ivan Kovačić: Otok Krk u drugom svjetskom ratu 1941.-1943.
Send in additions, new information's or corrections you have! If you have updates, new info, you have found factual error, error in translation, grammar error or only simple typing error. Please let us know! Fill in the form and send it back. Your help is greatly appreciated.