Italian anti-partisan operation in Gorjanci/Žumberak region against 1st Proletarian battalion and battalion Josip Kraš in Croatia and Gorjanski and Belokranjski battalion in Slovenia, intelligence of Italian Division Lombardia also mistakenly thought that one Slovenian brigade and other partisan units were present. Operation was part of large Italian offensive which begun in Slovenia on 16 July 1942 and covered parts of Croatia also.
Ustasha group was tasked with holding line Radušće - Tupčina - Brnadići - Kalje - Novo Selo - Vini Vrh - Stojdraga while Italian division were formed into mobile columns.
On 31 October, Partisan 1st Proletarian battalion with Slovenian and company from Josip Kraš battalion managed to breakthrough positions of 35th Ustasha battalion between villages Budinjak and Glušinja.
Orders of Battle
- Axis ORBAT
- Column A - colonel Adabbo
- Staff of the 11th Bersaglieri Regiment
- 27th Bersaglieri Battalion
- 33rd Blackshirt (CCNN) Battalion
- 3rd Battalion of 13th Artillery Regiment
- Column B - general Scipione
- Divisional Staff
- Staff of the 73rd Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Battalion of the 73rd Infantry Regiment
- 3rd Battalion of the 73rd Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Battalion of the 74th Infantry Regiment
- 1st Battalion of the 1st Grenadier Regiment
- 2nd Battalion of 57th Artillery Regiment
- 1st Battery
- 5th Battery
- 9th Battery
- 4th Battalion of 13th Artillery Regiment
- 22nd Infantry Division 'Cacciatori delle Alpi'
- 3rd Ustasha Group - colonel Metzger
- 16th Ustasha Battalion
- 33rd Ustasha Battalion
- 35th Ustasha Battalion
- NOVJ ORBAT
- 1st Proletarian battalion of Croatia
- battalion Josip Kraš from Žumberak-Pokuplje partisan detachment
- Gorjanski battalion
- Belokranjski battalion
35th Ustasha Battalion reported at least 8 ustasha killed and 3 wounded while Partisans claimed 15 ustasha killed and 2 captured with 1 mortar and 8 rifles. Partisans suffered 3 wounded.
Send in additions, new information's or corrections you have! If you have updates, new info, you have found factual error, error in translation, grammar error or only simple typing error. Please let us know! Fill in the form and send it back. Your help is greatly appreciated.